Things to do
The cottage is located on the western side of the Spey estuary, and is ideal for exploring Moray, Speyside and the Highlands.
Whisky, fine foods, lots of outdoor activities, including cycling, walking, golf, sea and river angling, wildlife watching, and water-based activities. Local boats offer whale-watching, diving and kayakers also travel down the lower reaches of the Spey.
In Garmouth itself there is a Hotel and small shop / PO – good food at reasonable prices. Essential supplies, including organic veggies.
- Whisky trail
- Keith – Dufftown preserved railway
- Elgin Cathedral
- Spynie Palace
- Christies of Fochabers
- Macduff Aquarium
- Lossiemouth – interesting and historic harbour town, and RAF base (airshow)
- Fochabers – best fish and chip shop, ice cream parlour (Scottish award winner), Frockabers, Gordon Castle events
- Bellie churchyard, 12th Century
- Elgin – sports centre, cinema, most high street shops
- Aberlour – typical Speyside centre – good food, several tea/coffee and cake shops
- Buckie/Whitehills – working harbours and last fishing areas on the Moray coast
- Cullen – fantastic beach, viaduct, tea/coffee and cake shops
Garmouth has some amazing scenery and walks close by,
whether it be along the beach or a spot of hill walking.
The holiday cottage has plenty
golf courses surrounding it, all within close driving distance.
WDCS (Spey Bay – 20 minute walk or locally Kingston Beach), SWT, dolphins, otters, seals.
A short drive away is the famous